Re: Recommendations on Pythonic tree data structure design techniques

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Fetchinson, Apr 9, 2009.

  1. > Any recommendations on Python based tree data structures that I
    > can study? I'm working on an application that will model a basic
    > outline structure (simple tree) and am looking for ideas on
    > Pythonic implementation techniques. By outline I mean a
    > traditional hierarchical document outline (section, chapter,
    > sub-chapter, ...). I will be building this structure as I parse
    > my customer's internally designed (proprietary) publishing markup
    > language.
    > My initial thought is to implement a generic node container class
    > with attributes for parent, next, previous, and child 'pointers'.
    > The node objects will be stored in a dictionary where node
    > 'pointers' correspond to incrementally assigned numeric keys.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=python tree data structure

    HTH,
    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, Apr 9, 2009

  2. Daniel Fetchinson

    CTO Guest

    I'm writing a Python graph library (called Graphine) that's
    pretty easy to use and does what you want. It is pre-alpha
    right now, but if you're interested please let me know- I'm
    very interested in hearing outside opinions.
    CTO, Apr 9, 2009