Re: Recommended newsgroup(s) or mailing list

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Jürgen Exner, Jul 13, 2009.

  1. Tim Johnson <> wrote:
    >I am a perl novice.
    >Have been a programmer for 22 years, but no perl.
    >Web programmer for 13 years, currently working mostly
    >in *nix environments.
    >
    >I would welcome recommendations for other perl newsgroups and mailing
    >lists that might fit my circumstances.

    The first suggestion would be to pick a newsgroup that is still alive
    and has not been rm-grouped over a decade ago.

    From "perldoc -q newsgroup":
    Some years ago, comp.lang.perl was divided into those groups, and
    comp.lang.perl itself officially removed. While that group may still be
    found on some news servers, it is unwise to use it, because postings
    there will not appear on news servers which honour the official list of
    group names. Use comp.lang.perl.misc for topics which do not have a
    more-appropriate specific group.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jul 13, 2009