Re: Redirecting Java input from file

Discussion in 'Java' started by Harald Hein, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Harald Hein

    Harald Hein Guest

    "Erwin" wrote:

    > Sorry to ask this beginner's question. I just started learning
    > about Java. If I have a file and intend to redirect the Java input
    > from file, is it possible to do that?

    Go to Sun's Java web site. Look for the tutorial section. Start with
    the Getting Started tutorial. Then look for the I/O tutorial. Learn
    about InputStreams and Readers and pay special attention to System.in

    BTW: comp.lang.java is not an official newsgroup. Some lazy news server
    admins didn't recognize that the group was split some five years ago.
    comp.lang.java.programmer is not intended for beginners. Please keep
    that in mind next time.

    Harald Hein, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Harald Hein

    pikachu Guest

    Thank you for the reply. By the way, if you dont want to answer, just dont
    reply. Just keep the thread minimum.
    You dont understand the question.
    It is not about
    BufferedReader input = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));

    It is about the redirection java Name < file.

    Hein Deutsch !

    pikachu, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Harald Hein

    Harald Hein Guest

    "pikachu" wrote:

    > Hein Deutsch !

    Your insulting skills are as bad as your programming skills. You should
    work on both.

    Harald Hein, Aug 29, 2003