Re: registering/re-registering ASP.NET 1.1.4322 with IIS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Juan T. Llibre, Dec 15, 2006.

  1. re:
    > My question is if I re-register asp.net v1.1.4322 --- will this cause any
    > undesired side effects with .Net framework v2.0?

    Yes it will.

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    will change *all* virtual directories to run against .Net Framework 1.1.

    Use :

    aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/AppName

    ....instead.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Dec 15, 2006

  2. re:
    > is AppName the name of the DefaultAppPool

    AppName is the Virtual Name for the Application, not the AppPool.

    If your Application name is "Reports", that's it.

    If "Reports" is a Virtual Directory under your main Application,
    then it will inherit the .Net Framework version which your main
    Application runs under...and *that* Application must be configured
    to run against the .Net Framework 1.1 by running :

    aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/ApplicationName

    The main point is that running "aspnet_regiis.exe -s" will convert
    *only* the Application name specified in the command line to 1.1,
    while "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" will configure *all* applications which
    run under IIS to run under the .Net Framework 2.0.

    Juan T. Llibre, Dec 15, 2006

  3. Thank you again. So when I go to my Reports Virtual Directory/Properties ---
    in the Virtual Directory Tab --- the application name is "Report Server
    Interface" with spaces. Do I need to reference the windows directory in the
    command line? How about the spaces? Is this what I type in the command line?

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -s
    W3SVC/1/ROOT/Report Server Interface

    or do I just type a straight forward

    aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/Report Server Interface

    I just want to make sure that I don't harm anything when I do this.

    Thanks,
    Rich

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Dec 16, 2006