Re: Registry Key Value Help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Jan 3, 2014.

  1. On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM, J. McGaha <> wrote:
    > When I run the this code I get an error that says the ‘int’ can’t be called.

    Python errors include full backtraces that show exactly what's going
    on. They are extremely helpful, so when you post questions like this,
    you should copy and paste the whole thing.

    In this case, though, I'm pretty sure the problem is here:

    wr.KEY_SET_VALUE(aKey,"DisableAutoUpdateChecksCheckboxValue", 1, wr.REG_DWORD)

    The all-uppercase keyword strongly suggests that this is a constant,
    as I can confirm with my Python 3.3.0 (by the way, it's also helpful
    to say what version of Python you're using). I suspect, without
    looking at the docs, that what you want is actually wr.SetValue or
    wr.SetValueEx, which are named like functions (or classes). Check out
    the docs for those functions and see if they're what you need.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Jan 3, 2014