Re: Relative Paths

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Curt_C [MVP], May 25, 2004.

  1. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    try using "./" to indicate current path....
    Also, since it's using a system reference for the call here you may be
    looking in c:\windows instead of your App dir, which is why you may need a
    MapPath() or use absolute pathing to ensure you are starting in the current
    app dir.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "Andrew Wied" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    > You know, I really think this should be easy, but I cannot, for the life

    of me, seem to get this to work. Basically, I am looking to get a list of
    the file in a subdirectory of the current page's directory.

    > In my application, I have a subdirectory "newXML". I want to get a list of

    the files in that directory.
    > I have it working just fine with absolute paths, but I want it to work on

    relative paths.

    > A snippet of my code: Dim files As String() = d.GetFiles("????????????",

    "*")

    > I'm not sure WHAT to put into the ?????, as I've tried everything under

    the sun that I can think of.

    Curt_C [MVP], May 25, 2004

  2. The MapPath() worked like a charm. Thanks

    -Andrew

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFdpZWQ=?=, May 26, 2004