Re: reloading code and multiprocessing

Discussion in 'Python' started by andrea crotti, Jul 25, 2012.

  1. 2012/7/23 Chris Angelico <>:

    > That would probably be correct. However, I still think you may be
    > fighting against the language instead of playing to its strengths.
    >
    > I've never fiddled with sys.modules like that, but I know some have,
    > without problem.
    >
    > ChrisA

    I would also like to avoid this in general, but we have many
    subprocesses to launch and some of them might take weeks, so we need
    to have a process which is always running, because there is never a
    point in time where we can just say let's stop everything and start again..

    Anyway if there are better solutions I'm still glad to hear them, but
    I would also like to keep it simple..

    Another thing which now we need to figure out is how to communicate
    with the live process.. For example we might want to submit something
    manually, which should pass from the main process.

    The first idea is to have a separate process that opens a socket and
    listens for data on a local port, with a defined protocol.

    Then the main process can parse these commands and run them.
    Are there easier ways otherwise?
    andrea crotti, Jul 25, 2012