Re: Request.Form Collection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, May 26, 2004.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    you are incorrect, the values are posted with duplicate names.

    <form>
    <input type=text value=value1 name=textbox>
    <input type=text value=value2 name=textbox>
    <input type=text value=value3 name=textbox>
    </form>

    will post in the following format

    textbox=value1&textbox=value2&textbox=value3

    The NameValueCollections returns the values as a comma seperated list when
    the iterator is used, but you can use the GetValues method to return an
    array of values for a given key.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Gigi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm submitting a form using POST. The form has some text boxes that all

    have the same name. So the values from these text boxes get posted to the
    server separated by commas (,).

    > I'm trying to retrieve individual values of theses text boxes on the

    server, but without using the Split method (since values in the text boxes
    can have commas). I know that I was able to do that in classic ASP, using
    Request.Form("txtBoxName")(0) or something like that.

    bruce barker, May 26, 2004