Re: RequiredFieldValidator doesn't show error message and missing __postback function

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Blum, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Peter Blum

    Peter Blum Guest

    From what you have described, the system doesn't think Client-side
    validation needs to be setup for the submit button.

    There are two possibilities
    1. The button has CausesValidation=false. This omits the call to
    Page_ClientValidate() and thus prevents client-side validation.
    2. The page thinks the browser isn't IE. The ClientTarget on the page may
    not be blank. It may reflect something like "Downlevel". Client-side
    validation requires detection of IE.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: