Re: REST code-golf: How concisely can you expose and consume services?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Demian Brecht, Sep 28, 2012.

  1. (A little OT so my apologies up front)

    On 12-09-28 12:39 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
    > I love the idea, even though I shan't be entering. Code golf is awesome fun!

    Code golf is indeed awesome fun and I usually enjoy taking part as well.
    However, I'm not a fan of code golf such as this, that uses a framework
    and then defines a rule that you *can't* hack on the same framework.

    In the framework/external module spirit, I *could* write a module that
    does *all* of this for me (in Pyramid, Django, web2py, etc) and then
    enter with a simple method call in another module.

    Done. One liner. I win ;)

    I much prefer code golf that tests algorithmic/core language feature
    knowledge. Of course, that's entirely only my opinion.

    --
    Demian Brecht
    @demianbrecht
    Demian Brecht, Sep 28, 2012