Re: REST code-golf: How concisely can you expose and consume services?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alec Taylor, Sep 28, 2012.

  1. Alec Taylor

    Alec Taylor Guest

    On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Demian Brecht <> wrote:
    > (A little OT so my apologies up front)
    >

    > On 12-09-28 12:39 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
    >>
    >> I love the idea, even though I shan't be entering. Code golf is awesome
    >> fun!

    > Code golf is indeed awesome fun and I usually enjoy taking part as well.
    > However, I'm not a fan of code golf such as this, that uses a framework and
    > then defines a rule that you *can't* hack on the same framework.
    >
    > In the framework/external module spirit, I *could* write a module that does
    > *all* of this for me (in Pyramid, Django, web2py, etc) and then enter with a
    > simple method call in another module.
    >
    > Done. One liner. I win ;)
    >
    > I much prefer code golf that tests algorithmic/core language feature
    > knowledge. Of course, that's entirely only my opinion.
    >
    > --
    > Demian Brecht
    > @demianbrecht
    > http://demianbrecht.github.com

    Well I suppose I could lax that same requirement. I.e.: if you can get
    these decorators (also working with RBAC) in, for example: Django;
    then it still satisfied the rules :)
    Alec Taylor, Sep 28, 2012