Re: Retrieving a signal parameter's name

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Jonathan Bromley, Sep 2, 2011.

  1. On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 10:04:05 -0700, Rob Gaddi wrote:

    >This should be far easier to figure out than it is. If I've got a
    >signal as a parameter to a procedure, such as
    >
    >procedure test_ext_irq(
    > signal irq_line : out boolean;
    > irq_mask : in t_wb_data)
    >
    >Is there any way for me to get the name of the actual signal connected
    >to irq_line to use it in an assertion? irq_line'simple_name just gives
    >me irq_line, a thing I find tremendously unhelpful.

    Rob, I don't believe there is any direct way to do this.

    You can, of course, provide a string input parameter and feed
    it the actual signal's 'SIMPLE_NAME. But that is somewhat
    self-defeating.

    This is one of those things that would be facilitated
    by text-preprocessing macros....

    Sorry!
    --
    Jonathan Bromley