Re: retrieving data from a plot in python.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gary Herron, Apr 9, 2013.

  1. Gary Herron

    Gary Herron Guest

    On 04/09/2013 10:33 AM, Debashish Saha wrote:

    > suppose I have t= [0,7,10,17,23,29,31] f_t= [4,3,11,19,12,9,17] and I
    > have plotted f_t vs t.
    >
    > Now from this 7 data points plotting if I want to retrieve 100 data
    > points and save them in a text file. What do I have to do?
    >
    > What I am asking is not a fitting of the plot. I know between two
    > points plot is linear.
    >
    > What I am asking If I create a array like t=np.arange(0,31,.1) ,then
    > what is the corresponding array of f_t which agrees well with the
    > previous plot,i.e,for any t between t=0 to t=7, f_t will be determined
    > by using a straight line connecting (0,4) and (7,3) and so on.

    Are you asking a MATH question, or a Python question.

    This is, do you need the (linear) equation which performs the
    evaluation, or help in producing a program to do the calculation?

    Gary Herron

    --
    Dr. Gary Herron
    Department of Computer Science