Re: Retrieving Msgbox Values From Client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Rilling, May 12, 2004.

  1. You have to pass that information back to the server. The only real ways of
    doing that is to have the script do a redirection and pass that information
    in the querystring, or set a hidden field that gets returned during a
    postback.

    "Jon" <admin(take this out)@jonhickman.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have the following code behind the click event of a button on an ASP.Net

    page...

    > Dim sMessage As String
    >
    > sMessage = "<script language=VBScript>" &

    System.Environment.NewLine
    > sMessage += " " & "Dim iMsgBoxValue" &

    System.Environment.NewLine
    > sMessage += "iMsgBoxValue = Msgbox('Send This Message?',

    vbYesNoCancel + vbQuestion)" & System.Environment.NewLine
    > sMessage += System.Environment.NewLine
    > sMessage += "</script>"
    > sMessage = Replace(sMessage, "'", """")
    > RegisterClientScriptBlock("script1", sMessage)
    >
    > Very simple, displays a msgbox.
    >
    > QUESTION: How do I pull the value of iMsgBoxValue out of the client

    script?? In other words, how can I determine what button (Yes, No, Cancel)
    the client clicked?? It has got to be simple, but I cant find the answer.

    Peter Rilling, May 12, 2004