Re: Reverse engineer Object Oriented Python code

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Hancock, May 23, 2005.

  1. On Sunday 22 May 2005 09:02 am, Aggarwal, Vikas (OFT) wrote:
    > I want to try reverese engineering a Server written in Python.
    > Its is all object oriented stuff with some use of Design patterns.
    >
    > Umbrello in Linux has no support for python.
    > I am not sure if Rational Rose can do this for me (Linux Eval version).
    > Does any one know UML tool which can reverse engineer python classes into
    > UML and give me class diagrams etc.

    Well, I had some success with this, once. I'm pretty sure I was using
    "happydoc" to do it. Try googling for that. It can create a dia file with
    UML formatting, IIRC. If it wasn't that, it had to be "pydoc", which is
    also quite useful.

    I wouldn't call this "reverse engineering" by the way, but rather
    "self documentation".

    Cheers,
    Terry

    Terry Hancock, May 23, 2005