Re: Richard Harter

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Walter Banks, Apr 25, 2012.

  1. Walter Banks

    Walter Banks Guest

    Richard Harter wrote:

    > To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
    > March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
    > the Emergency Room. Richard went through a very difficult month
    > in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
    > We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
    > away April 20, 2012.
    >
    > I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
    > why he has quit corresponding.

    News groups are communities of acquaintances with common interests.
    This community will miss his many contributions.

    I for one will miss his reasoned comments to the endless debates here
    on many topics.

    My condolences to you and the rest of the family.

    Walter..

    Walter Banks, Apr 25, 2012

  2. Walter Banks

    Dr Nick Guest

    Walter Banks <> writes:

    > Richard Harter wrote:
    >
    >> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
    >> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
    >> the Emergency Room. Richard went through a very difficult month
    >> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
    >> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
    >> away April 20, 2012.
    >>
    >> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
    >> why he has quit corresponding.

    > News groups are communities of acquaintances with common interests.
    > This community will miss his many contributions.
    >
    > I for one will miss his reasoned comments to the endless debates here
    > on many topics.
    >
    > My condolences to you and the rest of the family.

    Indeed. A long-term poster who took the time to explain his position on
    things and help others. He'll be missed here.

    Dr Nick, Apr 25, 2012