RE: Rita Sue and Bob too

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ben Last, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Ben Last

    Ben Last Guest

    > From: Peter Hansen [mailto:p]
    > Actually, that wasn't quite me who wrote those words... I merely
    > quoted them from the OP.

    Oops - my apologies.

    > (Ben, I don't think you need to post to both the python-list _and_
    > the comp.lang.python newsgroup: they mirror each other already!)

    Hmmm - I wasn't aware that I was. I'm posting (and reading) via the
    python-list mailing list. I don't do USENET at all...

    Ben Last, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Ben Last

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Ben Last wrote:

    >>From: Peter Hansen [mailto:p]
    >>(Ben, I don't think you need to post to both the python-list _and_
    >>the comp.lang.python newsgroup: they mirror each other already!)

    > Hmmm - I wasn't aware that I was. I'm posting (and reading) via the
    > python-list mailing list. I don't do USENET at all...

    Oh, probably my bad. I know lots of people do that, yet I don't
    recall seeing both "" and "comp.lang.python"
    in the list of replies before.

    After a bit of experimentation, I notice it does that only when
    I do "Reply All" -- as I did with the one above -- to a post that was
    sent to the mailing list...

    Normally I don't do Reply All so I hadn't seen this before.
    I suppose with proper message ids it shouldn't show up twice
    as my reply did, but for some reason they are different on the
    two messages so the mailing list and Usenet reply couldn't be
    matched up and both ended up getting posted. (This one was sent
    only to the list to avoid the problem.)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Ben Last

    M. Clift Guest

    To everyone who has posted a reply on this, I must really say thankyou. It's
    like having my own teacher in the room! Because of you lot I'm learning at a
    far quicker pace than tutorials alone.

    I've never felt the need to post something like this to other forums etc...
    while I worked out what multimedia/actionscript/language could do what I
    want (apart from saying thanks ; ), but this group is without doubt the
    friendliest and most helpful of all so far. Hats off gentlemen!

    M. Clift, Aug 20, 2004