Re: RMI delay

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sudsy, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Sudsy

    Sudsy Guest

    darko wrote:
    > Hi 2 everyone :))
    >
    > I made a RMI test server and client,
    > and on local computer it works really great.
    > But, when i am connecting through the remote computer,
    > i have time delay of about 23 seconds... Every time...
    >
    > Whats going up ? From where is that 23 seconds delay?
    > Even if computers are connected to their own network,
    > time delay is 23 sec ?
    >
    > How can i reduce that delay ?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > Darko Nikolic

    Those numbers sound suspiciously like a DNS timeout. Do the
    machines know about each other? That is, do they each have
    DNS entries or entries in each others host files?
    Even if the originating machine uses an IP address rather
    than a name, the destination could be attempting a reverse
    DNS lookup, IP to name. It sure sounds like your network
    configuration, however.

    Sudsy, Jul 3, 2003