Re: RMI Error Under Eclipse, Not Command Line

Discussion in 'Java' started by jayshao, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. jayshao

    jayshao Guest

    Dale,

    Since Eclipse compiles the code itself, RMI support seems to be a bit
    dodgy (classpath issues, etc.) There is probably some project
    properties you need to adjust.

    I've had great success using the RMI Plugin: http://www.genady.net/rmi/
    to help me with the configuration and rmic stage of compilation, though
    I admittedly only used it for a couple of school projects.

    Jason

    jayshao, Jul 7, 2004

  2. jayshao

    Dale Guest

    Thanks - I found the 'free' version of said program on sourceforge and
    it worked like a charm.

    I think the issue was something very simple... My original project
    had source and binaries in the same directory. So I ran rmic in the
    one directory and the stub and skel where available when I ran from
    the source directory. But Eclipse runs out of the bin directory, and
    there were no stub and skel there! I thought it was something more
    difficult than that.

    With respect to the other poster, I've tried to get into ant, but just
    never quite got there. Some day maybe. Thanks for the example.

    --Dale--

    Dale, Jul 8, 2004