Re: Royalty Free Images and free image hosting

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jpgs.com.au, Jan 5, 2007.

  1. Jpgs.com.au

    Jpgs.com.au Guest

    Hi,
    I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
    commercial use completely free of charge.

    You can also upload your own images or donate your own photos for
    public use on the website.

    the website is http://www.jpgs.com.au

    I have lots of Australian based photos and they are available for
    everyone to download.

    You can also send e-cards, photos or host your own images on our site,
    you can sign up for an account today.

    If you have any comments, questions or concerns please email me at

    www.jpgs.com.au

    Jpgs.com.au, Jan 5, 2007

  2. Jpgs.com.au

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
    > commercial use completely free of charge.
    >
    > http://www.jpgs.com.au

    Not a good start:

    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
    to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
    (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
    39

    An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 5, 2007

  3. Jpgs.com.au

    Jpgs.com.au Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
    > > commercial use completely free of charge.
    > >
    > > http://www.jpgs.com.au
    > >

    > Not a good start:
    >
    > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
    > to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
    > (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
    > 39
    >
    > An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Had a server issue,
    all fixed now, enjoy and critique

    Jpgs.com.au, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Jpgs.com.au

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
    > > > commercial use completely free of charge.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.jpgs.com.au
    > > >

    > > Not a good start:
    > >
    > > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
    > > to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
    > > (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
    > > 39
    > >
    > > An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
    > >
    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > Had a server issue,
    > all fixed now, enjoy and critique

    I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
    even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
    content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
    not too high a standard), etc.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2007
  5. dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    >> Had a server issue,
    >> all fixed now, enjoy and critique

    > I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
    > even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
    > content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
    > not too high a standard), etc.

    He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
    nightmare. Quickly I see 2 HTML opening tags, two HEADs and TABLE-rama!
    The downfall of how WYSWYG editors can be a crutch.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 6, 2007
  6. Jpgs.com.au

    Jpgs.com.au Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    > >> Had a server issue,
    > >> all fixed now, enjoy and critique

    > > I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
    > > even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
    > > content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
    > > not too high a standard), etc.
    > >

    > He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
    > nightmare. Quickly I see 2 HTML opening tags, two HEADs and TABLE-rama!
    > The downfall of how WYSWYG editors can be a crutch.
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Hi,
    Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,

    Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?

    Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
    buffs who like to view the source?

    thanks

    Jpgs.com.au, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Jpgs.com.au

    David Segall Guest

    "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    >dorayme wrote:
    >> In article
    >> <>,
    >> "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
    >> > commercial use completely free of charge.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.jpgs.com.au
    >> >

    >> Not a good start:
    >>
    >> Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
    >> to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
    >> (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
    >> 39
    >>
    >> An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
    >>
    >> --
    >> dorayme

    >Had a server issue,
    >all fixed now, enjoy and critique

    Not all! I encountered a bug which caused my registration to fail. I
    thought I would try the "Forgotten Password" option to recover and
    received:

    Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to
    mail.jpgs.com.au:25 in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/email.php
    on line 184

    Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
    /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/email.php on line 185

    Email Error: Invalid mail server response (service not ready?):

    David Segall, Jan 6, 2007
  8. Jpgs.com.au wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,
    >
    > Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?
    >
    > Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
    > buffs who like to view the source?

    Well that a gander at the tutorials here to get started at learning the
    basic structure of a webpage...

    http://www.htmldog.com

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 6, 2007
  9. Jpgs.com.au

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > > dorayme wrote:

    > > > I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
    > > > even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
    > > > content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
    > > > not too high a standard), etc.
    > > >

    > > He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
    > > nightmare.

    > Hi,
    > Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,
    >
    > Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?
    >
    > Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
    > buffs who like to view the source?

    What is an average joe? Be careful how you answer, it is not a
    simple matter. More to the point is this: do you want your site
    to deliver information in a reasonable manner to the many classes
    of people using the internet on different platforms, different
    screens or no screens, with different abilities and eyesight etc?
    Do you want to be able to identify and fix faults in your code,
    update it from time to time in an efficient manner?

    If so, then you need to acquaint yourself with the issues
    surrounding good practice to achieve this. They cannot possibly
    be canvassed in detail here. Hang about here, read the achives,
    read what JL has recommended...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2007
  10. Jpgs.com.au

    Jpgs.com.au Guest

    Ok should all be working fine now,

    Dorayme- you have a valid point, thank you for you advice, I disagree
    with the part about views not having screens,as my site is a "PHOTO"
    site I think those without screens may not get any benefit from my
    site!

    cheers

    Jpgs.com.au, Jan 6, 2007
  11. Jpgs.com.au

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:

    > Ok should all be working fine now,
    >
    > Dorayme- you have a valid point, thank you for you advice, I disagree
    > with the part about views not having screens,as my site is a "PHOTO"
    > site I think those without screens may not get any benefit from my
    > site!
    >
    > cheers

    Sure, someone without a screen or who has pics turned off or text
    only browser is not going to get all the benefits of your site.
    But this is no reason to shut the door on them so completely.
    There may be reasons someone would be visiting your site but not
    to actually look at the pics. Look at this way, if you think and
    design as inclusively as you can, you will be erring on the side
    of all that is good and true and beautiful. <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2007
  12. Jpgs.com.au

    Joe (GKF) Guest

    In article <doraymeRidThis-1F40F5.14032006012007@news-
    vip.optusnet.com.au>, says...
    > In article
    > <>,
    > "Jpgs.com.au" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > > > He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
    > > > nightmare.

    > > Hi,
    > > Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,
    > >
    > > Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?
    > >
    > > Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
    > > buffs who like to view the source?
    > >

    > What is an average joe?

    (raises hand) ummm That would be me.

    I use Opera v9.1, and I get an ugly page that takes forever to load.
    Images sans alt text for navigation; javascript mouseovers that don't
    work and tables all over the place.
    As the 'average joe', I definately recommend that you listen to dorayme
    and JL

    --
    Please visit -
    Water saving tips: http://graspages.cjb.cc/bigdry/

    Joe (GKF), Jan 7, 2007
  13. Jpgs.com.au

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Joe (GKF) <> wrote:

    > > What is an average joe?

    > (raises hand) ummm That would be me.

    Hi Joe! I was thinking of you this morning. In fact, I think of
    you every time I use a drop cap or pass a cow or paddock of
    melons or shower or use the dunny or bake a cake. I was cursing
    you for not being around because I was having some odd trouble
    with clearing the drop cap in a heading just below. I know you
    are the drop cap expert as well as chief cake baker around here.
    Sort of sorted now though. It is the only time I ever use px for
    for font-size (I think because you did and I don't really mind
    that a ruddy great drop cap does not alter in IE and it at least
    gives me an illusion of knowing how many px to margin next
    element... anyway... never mind... I know you farmers all get
    roaring drunk at Xmas and cannot be reasoned with.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 7, 2007
  14. Jpgs.com.au

    Joe (GKF) Guest

    In article <doraymeRidThis-8330D5.14235907012007@news-
    vip.optusnet.com.au>, says...
    > In article <>,
    > Joe (GKF) <> wrote:
    >
    > > > What is an average joe?

    > > (raises hand) ummm That would be me.

    > Hi Joe! I was thinking of you this morning. In fact, I think of
    > you every time I use a drop cap or pass a cow or paddock of
    > melons or shower or use the dunny or bake a cake. I was cursing
    > you for not being around because I was having some odd trouble
    > with clearing the drop cap in a heading just below. I know you
    > are the drop cap expert as well as chief cake baker around here.
    > Sort of sorted now though. It is the only time I ever use px for
    > for font-size (I think because you did and I don't really mind
    > that a ruddy great drop cap does not alter in IE and it at least
    > gives me an illusion of knowing how many px to margin next
    > element... anyway... never mind... I know you farmers all get
    > roaring drunk at Xmas and cannot be reasoned with.

    It's all lies, y'r honour. I swear it was some other person, and an
    entirely different cow. Anyway, I wasn't even there at the time.

    And I do drop-caps in CSS with
    p.fancy:first-letter {font-size: 190%;
    float: left;
    vertical-align: text-top;
    }

    - and I still don't know why the "float left" is there, but I'm scared
    to take it out just incase it IS important for something or other.

    That freak storm in Renmark you may have heard about missed us by
    inches.
    Spare a thought for those poor buggers who have lost the lot. We're ok -
    all we lost was the remaining fruit on our trees - but a lot of people
    around here lost their houses and their livlihoods.

    Joe (GKF), Jan 8, 2007
  15. Jpgs.com.au

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Joe (GKF) <> wrote:

    > In article <doraymeRidThis-8330D5.14235907012007@news-
    > vip.optusnet.com.au>, says...

    > > > (raises hand) ummm That would be me.

    > > Hi Joe! I was thinking of you this morning. In fact, I think of
    > > you every time I use a drop cap or pass a cow or paddock of
    > > melons or shower or use the dunny or bake a cake.

    > And I do drop-caps in CSS with
    > p.fancy:first-letter {font-size: 190%;
    > float: left;
    > vertical-align: text-top;
    > }
    >
    > - and I still don't know why the "float left" is there, but I'm scared
    > to take it out just incase it IS important for something or other.

    Well, the reason for the float is to drop the letter, otherwise
    it sits on the imaginary base line for the rest of the word. The
    float is used, presumably, so as to use the fact floats align the
    top with the inline content of the rest... you know...

    > That freak storm in Renmark you may have heard about missed us by
    > inches.
    > Spare a thought for those poor buggers who have lost the lot. We're ok -
    > all we lost was the remaining fruit on our trees - but a lot of people
    > around here lost their houses and their livlihoods.

    Glad you are ok, and sorry for these other poor buggers... it is
    almost impossible to imagine how miserable it is to lose all one
    has...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 8, 2007