Re: RS422 to I2C Converter

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by petrus bitbyter, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. "ah" <> schreef in bericht
    news:bdjlu0$47i$...
    > Hi
    > Im beginning work on a project which I will need a RS422 to I2C Converter.
    > Has anyone ever done anything like this?
    >
    > Andy

    Andy,

    I did. That's to say it was RS232 to I2C. I used a MAX232 and a PIC16F73.
    For RS422 you will need differential drivers/receivers p.e. MC3487/86. For
    the processor a PIC16F873 may be a better choice as it's newer. You will
    need to check what protocol is used at the RS422 side. Is it asynchronous,
    SDLC, HDLC or another one? You also need to look wether the I2C side has to
    be master, slave or both. Unless you have a proper specification of the
    protocol and the data format, you will run into a lot of problems.

    pieter
    petrus bitbyter, Jun 28, 2003