Re: rsync for python?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Laszlo Nagy, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Laszlo Nagy

    Laszlo Nagy Guest

    nienfeng írta:
    > Hi, everyone
    >
    > I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
    > configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
    > I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode,
    > it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

    Look at rdiff-backup here: http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/

    Well, this can only sync in one direction, but it is very good at it.
    I'm using it to synchronize big directories (20GB data, thousands of
    hundreds of small files) over an ADSL connection and it works.

    If you need to sync in both directions, I would recommend subversion.
    There is a python module for subversion. Although subversion is not
    lightweight, and you really need to read its (very long) documentation. :)

    Best,

    Laszlo

    Laszlo Nagy, Dec 21, 2006