Re: running Lua in Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Arnaud Delobelle, Sep 2, 2012.

  1. On 2 September 2012 19:42, Stefan Behnel <> wrote:
    > Arnaud Delobelle, 02.09.2012 20:34:
    >>>
    >>> I'll check this out, thanks.

    >> Mmh it seems to be lua 5.1 and more importantly it seems to require a
    >> custom build of Python, which I don't want.

    > I have no idea why you say that, for neither of the two.

    * For the custom build of Python on OS X, this blog post:

    http://t-p-j.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/lupa-on-os-x-with-macports-python-26.html

    which is actually linked to in lupa's own INSTALL.rst file

    * For Lua 5.1, the official LuaJIT page:

    http://luajit.org/luajit.html

    where I quote:

    """
    LuaJIT implements the full set of language features defined by Lua 5.1.
    """

    Of course I'd be glad to be proved wrong on both counts.

    --
    Arnaud

    Arnaud Delobelle, Sep 2, 2012