Re: samba 4 release

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lawrence, Dec 12, 2012.

    Awesome!!! But what the **** is it???

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.

    Mark Lawrence, Dec 12, 2012

  2. On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:40:47 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:

    > On 12/12/2012 17:39, peter wrote:
    >> On 12/12/2012 02:38 PM, peter wrote:
    >>> Hellou.
    >>>
    >>> Samba4 first release, with python interface for the internals api,
    >>> and a implementation of the DC in python :).
    >>>
    >>> Viva la python!!!!

    >> I forgot to put the link of the good news
    >>
    >> https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.0.0.html
    >>

    > Awesome!!! But what the **** is it???

    You don't have access to the web where you are? :)

    Copied from https://www.samba.org/

    Steven D'Aprano, Dec 13, 2012

  3. Mark Lawrence

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 12/12/2012 7:18 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:40:47 +0000, Mark Lawrence wrote:

    >>> I forgot to put the link of the good news
    >>>
    >>> https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.0.0.html

    Which has the following:

    Python Scripting Interface

    A new scripting interface has been added to Samba 4, allowing
    Python programs to interface to Samba's internals, and many tools and
    internal workings of the DC code is now implemented in python.

    which is indeed great news for Pythonistas who work with Samba.

    Terry Reedy, Dec 13, 2012