Re: Same named input elements in different forms?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Harlan Messinger, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. Ed Jay wrote:
    > Is it allowable to use the same name for multiple input elements if
    > they're in different forms? Example:
    >
    > <form name = 'form1' .... >
    > <input name= 'field1' ... >
    > </form>
    >
    > <form name = 'form2' .... >
    > <input name= 'field1' ... >
    > </form>

    Yes.

    Harlan Messinger, Dec 28, 2009

  2. Harlan Messinger

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Jay <> wrote:

    > Harlan Messinger wrote:
    >
    > >Ed Jay wrote:
    > >> Is it allowable to use the same name for multiple input elements if
    > >> they're in different forms? Example:
    > >>
    > >> <form name = 'form1' .... >
    > >> <input name= 'field1' ... >
    > >> </form>
    > >>
    > >> <form name = 'form2' .... >
    > >> <input name= 'field1' ... >
    > >> </form>
    > >>

    > >Yes.

    > Thanks.

    Just a minute! Is this thread some sort of joke? A bloke asks a clear
    question, another answers simply, the first thanks him and that's it? No
    complications, no misunderstandings, no personal animosity, no
    irrelevant posts thrown into the mix?

    I don't like it! It is too good, there must be something wrong. Whenever
    my old Ford ran too well, it was a bad sign.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 28, 2009

  3. dorayme wrote:

    > Just a minute! Is this thread some sort of joke?

    Maybe.

    > No complications, no misunderstandings, no personal animosity, no
    > irrelevant posts thrown into the mix?

    You just proved that to be wrong.

    (And we don't know what the real problem was, as usual.)

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 28, 2009
  4. Harlan Messinger

    dorayme Guest

    In article <kn9_m.56846$>,
    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > Just a minute! Is this thread some sort of joke?

    > Maybe.
    >
    > > No complications, no misunderstandings, no personal animosity, no
    > > irrelevant posts thrown into the mix?

    > You just proved that to be wrong.
    >
    > (And we don't know what the real problem was, as usual.)

    I started to have misgivings about my light-hearedness the moment I
    pressed the send button. <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 28, 2009