Re: say answer

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Jeff, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "rakesh" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i got a doubt about C.
    >
    > is the C - langauge hardware dependent or independent

    independent.

    > give me the reason.

    You can use C to write program on any machine, as long as you have the C
    compiler for it and your C compiler can correctly produce the executable for
    it.

    --
    Jeff
    Jeff, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Jeff wrote:

    > "rakesh" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hi,
    >>
    >> i got a doubt about C.
    >>
    >> is the C - langauge hardware dependent or independent
    >>

    > independent.
    >

    >> give me the reason.
    >>

    > You can use C to write program on any machine, as long as you have the C
    > compiler for it and your C compiler can correctly produce the executable for
    > it.

    And you don't use any platform specific functions.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt