Re: SCALAPACK and PBLAS in Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Pierre Schnizer, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. "Vicente Galiano" <> writes:

    > Hi everybody,
    >

    > I'm searching differents tools for Python programming using parallelism
    > tools...., I've seen PyPar, PyMPI an d Scientific Python, but I'm
    > lookingo for implementations in python of SCALAPACK, on the other
    > hand,.... How can I implement PBLAS and SCALAPACK callings in python??
    > ,if I make a library in C, it's posibble run scalapack and the MPI
    > proccess that=92s runs under it...

    As these routines as written in Fortran, try f2py. It will also write the C
    interface and array size checkers for you. It is available at:
    http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/

    The scipy project (http://www.scipy.org) uses f2py to generate its wrappers
    for blas and lapack. Have a look in their tree e.g:
    scipy/Lib/linalg/flapack.pyf
    scipy/Lib/linalg/generic_fblas1.pyf

    Best Regards
    Pierre