Re: screen resolution

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Dorward, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. David Dorward, Aug 30, 2003

  2. David Dorward

    NK Guest

    yer but if the width is bigger than 600 pixels, people using 600x 480 screen
    resolution will have to scrool horizontally... wouldn't they?

    NK, Aug 30, 2003

  3. David Dorward

    NK Guest

    nope cant say i did

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in
    message news:A564b.84$2.webusenet.com...

    NK, Aug 30, 2003
  4. David Dorward

    NK Guest

    what i mean is i tried to, but hey i'm only 14.. a bit confusing for me

    NK, Aug 30, 2003
  5. David Dorward

    Alan D-W Guest

    "NK" <..@..> wrote in message
    > nope cant say i did

    Duh. Why ask questions if you can't be bothered with the replies?

    Alan D-W, Aug 30, 2003
  6. David Dorward

    NK Guest

    then you have a bright future ahead of you

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in
    message news:CH64b.94$2.webusenet.com...

    NK, Aug 30, 2003
  7. In article <iU64b.6925$>, ..@..
    says...
    > "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in
    > message news:CH64b.94$2.webusenet.com...
    > > NK wrote:
    > > > what i mean is i tried to, but hey i'm only 14.. a bit confusing for me

    > > I'm twelve, and I understand it perfectly. Age is no excuse.
    > >

    > then you have a bright future ahead of you

    Although I suspect your attitude is common amoung people your age, if
    you pull your finger out, asLeif appears to have done, you also have a
    bright future.

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Aug 31, 2003
  8. NK wrote:

    > nope cant say i did

    (minor flamewar omitted)

    The gist of the link is pretty simple: stop designing with a specific
    size in mind. It actually takes less effort to produce a flexible site
    using style sheets and straightforward HTML (tables for tabular data,
    logical markup (andkonDOTcom notwithstanding), etc) than it is to use
    the table soup most websites use.

    The link also contains some examples, so I will not repeat them here.

    Owen

    Owen Jacobson, Sep 1, 2003
  9. "Owen Jacobson" <> wrote in message news:<i%L4b.6391$>...
    > NK wrote:
    >
    > > nope cant say i did

    > (minor flamewar omitted)
    >
    > The gist of the link is pretty simple: stop designing with a specific
    > size in mind. It actually takes less effort to produce a flexible site
    > using style sheets and straightforward HTML (tables for tabular data,
    > logical markup (andkonDOTcom notwithstanding), etc) than it is to use
    > the table soup most websites use.

    I have always designed flexible websites. In the past I have advocated
    tables for layout, but no longer do. I am also for correct structure
    as well.

    MozillaCensorsMe, Sep 13, 2003