RE: ScriptManager ASYNC calls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by adda, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. adda

    adda Guest

    Hi,

    Is it possible to subscribe to an event that will tell me when the
    ASP.NET Ajax ASYNC calls are being made. For example, if I have an
    autocomplete, or cascading drop down firing, I need to know whether
    these extenders are being fired dynamically.

    I've tried hooking into these events within the PageManager;
    initializeRequest
    beginRequest
    pageLoading
    pageLoaded
    endRequest

    None of these items seem to work for me, and no "errors" are being
    thrown in Firebug etc. So I'm a little stuck. Have I misunderstood the
    PageManager events? Do the above extenders raise events within the
    PageManager?

    Cheers,
    Chris

    adda, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Why don't you use Page.IsAsync property?

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 21, 2008

  3. adda

    Braulio Diez Guest

    Hello,

    The events that you are indicating are just for Partial Rendering
    (UpdatePanels).

    Cascading and AutoCompleteExtender make direct calls to web services, let
    me check if there is a way to trap that event.

    Good luck
    Braulio

    /// Braulio Diez
    ///