Re: scroll bar moves left and right while navigating

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Roy Schestowitz, May 22, 2006.

  1. __/ [ ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 00:45 \__

    You also posted this to alt.html (as well as
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets). How come?

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm going crazy with this bug. If someone could give me a hint. In IE
    > http://acheval.privatedns.com/new/cssbug.asp has a crazy scroll bar
    > that goes left and right while navigating through the navigation pages
    > at the bottom.

    I believe that the Internet Explorer team has set up a Bugzilla clone for
    bugs to be reported by the public. IE is a buggy browser. Don't wrestle with
    it. It wastes your time.

    > It does not happen if the page is shorter and has no image. As soon as
    > I put images in the css tables ( loop ) in the middle and ask for more
    > than 10 rows, it goes weird.
    >
    > is there any attribute to replace the scrollbar to the 100% width ?

    I believe there is some 'magic method' for making the scrollbars disappear in
    IE (as disturbing as the user may find it, change of colour likewise). You
    can use it as a workaround. CSS can achieve this as well, I suspect, but
    interoperability is compromised.

    Best wishes,

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, May 22, 2006

  2. Roy Schestowitz

    Guest

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > __/ [ ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 00:45 \__
    >
    > You also posted this to alt.html (as well as
    > comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets). How come?
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm going crazy with this bug. If someone could give me a hint. In IE
    > > http://acheval.privatedns.com/new/cssbug.asp has a crazy scroll bar
    > > that goes left and right while navigating through the navigation pages
    > > at the bottom.

    > I believe that the Internet Explorer team has set up a Bugzilla clone for
    > bugs to be reported by the public. IE is a buggy browser. Don't wrestle with
    > it. It wastes your time.
    >

    > > It does not happen if the page is shorter and has no image. As soon as
    > > I put images in the css tables ( loop ) in the middle and ask for more
    > > than 10 rows, it goes weird.
    > >
    > > is there any attribute to replace the scrollbar to the 100% width ?

    > I believe there is some 'magic method' for making the scrollbars disappear in
    > IE (as disturbing as the user may find it, change of colour likewise). You
    > can use it as a workaround. CSS can achieve this as well, I suspect, but
    > interoperability is compromised.
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > Roy

    Thank you for your answer Roy, It's appreciated.
    I have installed Ie7 beta and this bug disapeared. So I guess I'll just
    have to make a different style sheet with no position fixed for <= IE6

    Regards.
    , May 22, 2006