Re: scrollbar woes

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jacob, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Jacob

    Jacob Guest

    me wrote:
    > The issue I'm having is that I get a huge output of error messages in
    > regards to this when I run the program,

    What kind of error messages?

    Jacob, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Jacob

    me Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:39:32 +0200, Jacob <> wrote:

    >me wrote:
    >> The issue I'm having is that I get a huge output of error messages in
    >> regards to this when I run the program,

    >What kind of error messages?

    This is the output of the error messages that come up. Seems to me
    its pointing to line 86 as the problem is it not? This makes it all
    the more interesting if so, as line 86 simply sets the foreground
    color, using the value returned by the .getValue() call.

    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at Exercise99.adjustmentValueChanged(Exercise99.java:86)
    at
    javax.swing.JScrollBar.fireAdjustmentValueChanged(JScrollBar.java:653
    )
    at
    javax.swing.JScrollBar$ModelListener.stateChanged(JScrollBar.java:670
    )
    at
    javax.swing.DefaultBoundedRangeModel.fireStateChanged(DefaultBoundedR
    angeModel.java:346)
    at
    javax.swing.DefaultBoundedRangeModel.setRangeProperties(DefaultBounde
    dRangeModel.java:283)
    at
    javax.swing.DefaultBoundedRangeModel.setValue(DefaultBoundedRangeMode
    l.java:149)
    at javax.swing.JScrollBar.setValue(JScrollBar.java:435)
    at
    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUI.scrollByUnits(BasicScrollBarU
    I.java:830)
    at
    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUI.scrollByUnit(BasicScrollBarUI
    ..java:834)
    at
    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUI$ArrowButtonListener.mousePres
    sed(BasicScrollBarUI.java:1110)
    at
    java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:21
    8)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5131)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3639)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1623)
    at
    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3450
    )
    at
    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3162)

    at
    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3095)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1609)
    at
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchTh
    read.java:197)
    at
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:150)
    at
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:144)

    at
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:136)

    at
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)
    Press any key to continue...

    me, Jul 21, 2003