Re: self signing a py2exe windows executable

Discussion in 'Python' started by Roger Upole, Oct 4, 2008.

  1. Roger Upole

    Roger Upole Guest

    William Heath wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I thought I sent an email to the list regarding a need I have to self sign
    > py2exe windows executable. Does anyone know how to do that?
    >
    > -Tim

    You can use capicom to sign an executable (or even a .pyd):

    import win32com.client
    s=win32com.client.Dispatch('capicom.signedcode')
    s.FileName='yourexecutable.exe'
    s.Sign(None)
    s.Timestamp('http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll')

    Roger

    Roger Upole, Oct 4, 2008

  2. Hi!

    Very interesting.
    Roger, thank you very much super enormous!!!

    @-salutations
    --
    Michel Claveau

    Méta-MCI \(MVP\), Oct 4, 2008