Re: Semi-random sentence generator

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by David Canzi, Aug 27, 2012.

  1. David Canzi

    David Canzi Guest

    Ignoramus11402 <ignoramus11402@NOSPAM.11402.invalid> wrote:
    >I want to generate some sentences that would seem random enough to look
    >different, but would, in fact, convey the same message.
    >
    >For example:
    >
    > * Please provide a phone number in your response
    > * You should provide a telephone number in your email
    > * I want you to include your phone number in your messages, please
    >
    >You are getting the idea. What I would like is to vary the phrasing a
    >little bit, add "please" or "You should" and so on, but keep the core
    >meaning of "provide phone number".
    >
    >I can write something of this sort myself, probably based on BNF and
    >config files.
    >
    >Before I embark on writing a module for this sort of thing, I wanted
    >to check if perhaps am existing module could be used for this. Are
    >there any perl modules that do this "sentence variation"?
    >
    >Thanks.

    As a recreational problem, I once tried to figure out how some
    spam detection methods could be defeated. One of my first ideas
    was to generate differently worded sentences that have the same
    meaning, so that the contents of the messages sent in a spam run
    would have different MD5 hashes...

    --
    David Canzi | "Passionate hatred can give meaning and
    David Canzi, Aug 27, 2012

  2. >>>>> "Ignoramus27014" == Ignoramus27014 <ignoramus27014@NOSPAM.27014.invalid> writes:

    Ignoramus27014> This is from a similar ontological area, but slightly
    Ignoramus27014> different. I post for sale ads to Craigslist. The ads
    Ignoramus27014> are genuine. The goods offered for sale exist in the
    Ignoramus27014> local area, they match the craigslist category, and I
    Ignoramus27014> think that I am asking reasonable prices. That said, I
    Ignoramus27014> do not want the ads to appear as if they were written by
    Ignoramus27014> the same person, hence the desire for variations.

    This seems like you are trying to deceive people. This is not something
    I could, in good conscience, support. And I presume there are many
    others here in a similar situation. How do you sleep at night?

    Randal L. Schwartz, Aug 28, 2012