Re: Semi-random sentence generator

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Michael Karas, Aug 28, 2012.

  1. [This followup was posted to comp.lang.perl.modules and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <>,
    ignoramus11402@NOSPAM.11402.invalid says...

    > I want to generate some sentences that would seem random enough to look
    > different, but would, in fact, convey the same message.
    >
    > For example:
    >
    > * Please provide a phone number in your response
    > * You should provide a telephone number in your email
    > * I want you to include your phone number in your messages, please
    >
    > You are getting the idea. What I would like is to vary the phrasing a
    > little bit, add "please" or "You should" and so on, but keep the core
    > meaning of "provide phone number".
    >
    > I can write something of this sort myself, probably based on BNF and
    > config files.
    >
    > Before I embark on writing a module for this sort of thing, I wanted
    > to check if perhaps am existing module could be used for this. Are
    > there any perl modules that do this "sentence variation"?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Did you try a Google search for this subject? There seems to be a
    plethora of information available. You certainly can convert from other
    language implementations to perl.

    See:
    http://sentence.bigparadox.com/

    --