Re: Sending very large files from server to server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "???? ???????" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Is ftp (client in code) enough reliable to send such large files?

    The short answer is yes.

    Presumably, you don't expect the user to sit and wait while the file is
    sent, so ASP.NET is probably not the right technology to house this, though
    you could most certainly use an ASP.NET page to kick the process off...

    If these are your own servers, I would be looking at a Windows service to do
    this...

    Mark Rae, Dec 26, 2006

  2. What do u mean "window service"? speific one or developing new one?
    What benefits it has over FTP?
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?15nXldeg15kg15LXldec15PXkdeo15I=?=, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Mark Rae

    > What do u mean "window service"? speific one or developing new one?

    By "Windows service" I mean a service that runs under Windows - in this
    case, developing a new one.

    > What benefits it has over FTP?

    ??? The service will use FTP to transfer the files.

    But, since it's a Windows service, it will be separate from the World Wide
    Web Publishing service.

    Mark Rae, Dec 27, 2006