Re: SendKeys and Python 2.7

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jakson A. Aquino, Sep 10, 2010.

  1. On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <>, Jakson A.
    > Aquino wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to send code from Vim [1] to R [2] on Microsoft Windows.

    > Why such a roundabout way? Why not just run R in a subprocess and feed it a
    > script to run?

    Emacs with ESS runs R in a subprocess (at least I think it does). Vim
    can't do that.

    The plugin doesn't simply send code to R. It has many other features
    that make it easier to edit R scripts.

    Best,

    Jakson
    Jakson A. Aquino, Sep 10, 2010

  2. In message <>, Jakson A.
    Aquino wrote:

    > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, Jakson
    >> A. Aquino wrote:
    >>
    >>> I would like to send code from Vim [1] to R [2] on Microsoft Windows.

    >> Why such a roundabout way? Why not just run R in a subprocess and feed it
    >> a script to run?

    > Emacs with ESS runs R in a subprocess (at least I think it does). Vim
    > can't do that.

    Why not?

    > The plugin doesn't simply send code to R. It has many other features
    > that make it easier to edit R scripts.

    But those are editing functions, nothing to do with R.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 10, 2010

  3. On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <>, Jakson A.
    > Aquino wrote:
    >> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Why such a roundabout way? Why not just run R in a subprocess and feed it
    >>> a script to run?

    >> Emacs with ESS runs R in a subprocess (at least I think it does). Vim
    >> can't do that.

    > Why not?

    I don't know how to embed R into Vim, but I would be grateful if you
    could explain how to do it since this could be an opportunity to
    improve my plugin.
    Jakson A. Aquino, Sep 10, 2010
  4. In message <>, Jakson A.
    Aquino wrote:

    > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, Jakson
    >> A. Aquino wrote:

    >>> Emacs with ESS runs R in a subprocess (at least I think it does). Vim
    >>> can't do that.

    >> Why not?

    > I don't know how to embed R into Vim ...

    I wasn’t saying “embedâ€, I was saying “run R in a subprocessâ€.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 11, 2010