    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Free Seo Consulting http://seo-optimizer.blogspot.com/

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 29, 2007

  2. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Dom Robinson Guest

    In article <>, "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <some
    guy without an email address> says...
    > Please don't spam this group

    A top-poster replies to a spammer. Now that world has truly gone mad(!)
    --

    Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
    /* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)

    Dom Robinson, Apr 29, 2007

  3. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Spin Dryer Guest

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:21:39 -0400, ["Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <some guy
    without an email address>] said :-

    >Please don't spam this group

    Top posting and without removing the spamvertised site, you are as bad
    as the spammer. Call yourself an MVP, that's a joke Slick.

    Indeed the spam was not even seen by probably many servers until you
    decided to reply.

    Spin Dryer, Apr 29, 2007
  4. >Top posting
    Did not. I replied to the message at the bottom of the thread.

    >Call yourself an MVP, that's a joke Slick.

    Yup, I do call myself an MVP, it's not a joke either.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 30, 2007
  5. "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <some guy without an email address> writes:

    >>Top posting

    > Did not. I replied to the message at the bottom of the thread.

    Congratulations, you've now made a fool of yourself in public.

    Top posting has nothing to do with where your reply is placed with
    respect to other messages. Top posting is when you add your text
    above the quoted material in your reply - as you did once again in
    what I'm replying to.

    When you open a book, do you start at the bottom of the page and
    read up? I didn't think so.

    >>Call yourself an MVP, that's a joke Slick.

    > Yup, I do call myself an MVP, it's not a joke either.

    It is when you don't have a clue.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Apr 30, 2007
  6. re:
    !>>>Top posting
    !>> Did not. I replied to the message at the bottom of the thread.
    !> Congratulations, you've now made a fool of yourself in public.

    OK, cut it out.

    Top or bottom posting is a user choice.
    No need to flame someone for using either.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 30, 2007
  7. "Juan T. Llibre" <> writes:

    > Top or bottom posting is a user choice.

    Yes, one can choose to be polite and follow established usenet
    conventions, or one can choose to be rude and self-centered.

    Those who choose rudeness over courtesy can expect to be called down
    for it - which is arguably rude in itself, but on usenet one reaps what
    one sows. Someone who can't deal with that, shouldn't be on usenet.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Apr 30, 2007
  8. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Spin Dryer Guest

    On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:55:11 -0400, [Juan T. Llibre] said :-

    >re:
    >!>>>Top posting
    >!>> Did not. I replied to the message at the bottom of the thread.
    >!> Congratulations, you've now made a fool of yourself in public.
    >
    >OK, cut it out.
    >
    >Top or bottom posting is a user choice.
    >No need to flame someone for using either.

    Of course there is, especially when the top posting included the spam
    because top posters invariably do not snip anything.

    You too are saying you're an MVP ? Do you own nowhere.com ?

    Spin Dryer, Apr 30, 2007
  9. re:
    > Do you own nowhere.com ?

    No, but I *truly* dry when I spin, and I don't act as a net nanny,
    especially over something as banal as top or bottom posting.

    I don't cross-post to unrelated newsgroups, either.

    Do you have any questions or answers about ASP.NET ?

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 30, 2007
  10. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Spin Dryer Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 03:46:01 -0400, [Juan T. Llibre] said :-

    >re:
    >> Do you own nowhere.com ?

    >No, but I *truly* dry when I spin, and I don't act as a net nanny,
    >especially over something as banal as top or bottom posting.

    Perhaps Microsoft like you using a domain you don't own - do they know
    ?

    Spin Dryer, Apr 30, 2007
  11. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Bob Phillips Guest

    You bottom posters really are a bunch of supercilious, self-righteous
    bigots.

    Personally, I find bottom-posting like reading a book backwards ... it
    doesn't work for me.

    And regardless of his response, Mr Bruney IS an MVP, he is clearly
    knowledgeable in his subject, and his book is well enough thought of to make
    me consider buying it.

    Bob Phillips, May 1, 2007
  12. Bob Phillips wrote:
    > You bottom posters really are a bunch of supercilious, self-righteous
    > bigots.

    Whatever. When reading answers to some statements normal people like first
    to see the statement then the response, not the other way around. Just
    because you're using broken tool (Outlook Express) it does not excuse you of
    being rude.

    Besides, reposting that spamming site address is idiotic by itself,
    regardless of top posting or not.

    [...]
    > And regardless of his response, Mr Bruney IS an MVP, he is clearly
    > knowledgeable in his subject, and his book is well enough thought of to make
    > me consider buying it.

    Regardless of who Mr Bruney is, this if completely offtopic on
    comp.lang.python, misc.writing, alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains and
    uk.people.consumers.ebay

    Just notice that you're posting to *more than one* group. Just please learn
    to use the damn reader! Even Outlook Express allows to set Followup-To:
    header and limit the polution.
    EOT

    Sebastian Kaliszewski, May 1, 2007
  13. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    David Guest

    I am not going to join the argument, except to say that as you can see, I
    top post. In outlook express, you can see the messages as a thread, so you
    read the initial message, come to the reply and you read the response
    without having to scroll. Bottom posting would be fine if the previous
    message that promted the response was removed from the server, but it isn't,
    therefore, top posting is very logical.

    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.

    David, May 1, 2007
  14. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    funfly3 Guest

    David wrote:
    > I am not going to join the argument,

    except you have
    except to say that as you can see, I
    > top post. In outlook express, you can see the messages as a thread, so you
    > read the initial message, come to the reply and you read the response
    > without having to scroll. Bottom posting would be fine if the previous
    > message that promted the response was removed from the server, but it isn't,
    > therefore, top posting is very logical.

    only of you top post its logical as we all don't top post its not

    A bird

    Q name an animal that fly's

    see top posting is illogical

    funfly3, May 1, 2007
  15. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Bob Phillips Guest

    That is the oft-quoted, idiotic type of example. The reality is that if we
    follow the thread, we know the question, we only want to see the answer, not
    wade through a morass of stuff we have already seen. If we haven't seen it,
    guess what, we can go and read it.

    Bob Phillips, May 1, 2007
  16. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Jim Ford Guest

    Bob Phillips wrote:
    > That is the oft-quoted, idiotic type of example. The reality is that if we
    > follow the thread, we know the question, we only want to see the answer, not
    > wade through a morass of stuff we have already seen. If we haven't seen it,
    > guess what, we can go and read it.

    !tuoba no gnignab ruoy tahw aedi on ev'I

    Jim Ford, May 1, 2007
  17. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Dom Robinson Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > You bottom posters really are a bunch of supercilious, self-righteous
    > bigots.
    >
    > Personally, I find bottom-posting like reading a book backwards ... it
    > doesn't work for me.
    >
    > And regardless of his response, Mr Bruney IS an MVP, he is clearly
    > knowledgeable in his subject, and his book is well enough thought of to make
    > me consider buying it.
    >

    > "Sherm Pendley" <> wrote in message
    > > "Juan T. Llibre" <> writes:
    > >
    > >> Top or bottom posting is a user choice.

    > > Yes, one can choose to be polite and follow established usenet
    > > conventions, or one can choose to be rude and self-centered.
    > >
    > > Those who choose rudeness over courtesy can expect to be called down
    > > for it - which is arguably rude in itself, but on usenet one reaps what
    > > one sows. Someone who can't deal with that, shouldn't be on usenet.
    > >
    > > sherm--
    > >
    > > --
    > > Web Hosting by West Virginians, for West Virginians: http://wv-www.net
    > > Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net

    Must be because you ARE backwards.

    Dom Robinson, May 1, 2007
  18. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    Bryce Guest

    Spin Dryer wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 03:46:01 -0400, [Juan T. Llibre] said :-
    >
    >> re:
    >>> Do you own nowhere.com ?

    >> No, but I *truly* dry when I spin, and I don't act as a net nanny,
    >> especially over something as banal as top or bottom posting.

    > Perhaps Microsoft like you using a domain you don't own - do they know
    > ?

    Does it matter? Microsoft doesn't own Usenet...

    Bryce, May 1, 2007