Re: Serial Number of the Hard Drive

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Jack Klein, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Jack Klein

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:51:09 +0530, Deepak Nayal
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > I have a Windows PC with Borland C installed in it. I am trying to write
    > a program that can read the serial number of a hard drive , but am
    > not able to find anything regarding it.
    >
    > Can anybody please send me a code snippet regarding the same ?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.

    Neither C nor C++ has any support for any access of hardware devices
    at all. Your question is about the Windows API, not about C or C++.
    Ask in a Windows programming newsgroup.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Jack Klein

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] Serial Number of the Hard Drive

    Deepak Nayal <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the response.
    > But then I will say that Fdisk does not require any OS calls

    That is completely false.

    > and still
    > it shows you the serial number of the harddisk.

    Via the OS interface.

    > So there must be some way of doing it.

    Yes. But not with standard C or C++.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Jack Klein

    Deepak Nayal Guest

    Thanks for the response.
    But then I will say that Fdisk does not require any OS calls and still

    Deepak Nayal, Aug 13, 2003