Re: Server configuration (was Re: Calling Mark Parnell...)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Charlotte, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Charlotte

    Charlotte Guest

    David Dorward wrote:
    > Charlotte wrote:
    >
    >> I would appreciate all answers, not just Mark:D.

    > Congratulations on the most useless subject line of the week.

    Please
    > don't start new threads to continue old conversations.
    >
    > Also - please direct your attention towards:
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
    >
    >> I am on an apache server. If I have a .htaccess file where

    would
    >> it be???

    > In the collection of directories that you put your webpage

    files in.
    > It applies to the directory it is in and all below it.
    >
    > Not that dot files are hidden (depending on whatever you use to

    view
    > directory listins) on UNIX and UNIX-like systems, so it may not

    show
    > up unless you take extra steps.
    >
    >> If I have to create one how do I do that???

    > Open a text editor, start typing.

    Also - please direct your attention towards:
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    I will use this OE-Quotefix I found.

    Charlotte, Aug 9, 2003

  2. While the city slept, Charlotte <> feverishly
    typed:

    > David Dorward wrote:
    > Also - please direct your attention towards:
    >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    > I will use this OE-Quotefix I found.

    A wise choice. I use it myself.

    Back to htaccess, Google is your friend
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=htaccess tutorial

    Plenty of htaccess tutorials there.

    Hope that helps,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    "How strange the change from major to minor..."

    nice.guy.nige, Aug 10, 2003