Re: Server-side update to Client

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dag Sunde, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Dag Sunde

    Dag Sunde Guest

    WebServers can't update webclients (browsers).

    After a webserver have sendt the last byte of the page
    to the browser, the server forgets *everything* of
    the client. Http is a stateless protocol.

    What you can do, is to put a small Java-Applet in the
    webpage, that queries the server every so often.

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Dag Sunde

    Brad Guest

    "Dag Sunde" <> wrote in message news:<1B1Pa.2898$>...
    > WebServers can't update webclients (browsers).
    >
    > After a webserver have sendt the last byte of the page
    > to the browser, the server forgets *everything* of
    > the client. Http is a stateless protocol.
    >
    > What you can do, is to put a small Java-Applet in the
    > webpage, that queries the server every so often.
    >
    > --
    > Dag.

    Yah, That's exaclty what I'm looking to achieve. Sorry if my wording
    was unclear or inaccurate. Does anyone have any ideas.

    Brad.

    Brad, Jul 10, 2003