    The 226 response comes only around 11:10:50 but before this, I get a socket timeout exception....Any chance that this timeout I am setting isnt getting set?
    If so, what can I do to fix this?
    , Nov 9, 2012

    On Friday, 9 November 2012 09:14:54 UTC+5:30, wrote:
    > Hi Everyone...
    >
    > I am facing ..well...not exactly similar ..but a related problem....
    >
    > I am setting my ServerSocket timeout to 5 minutes...
    >
    > after the accept call...
    >
    > and I can see from my snoop output that we send an RETR for a certain file at say 11:10:00 and get the '150' response from the server the very same minute/second...
    >
    > The 226 response comes only around 11:10:50 but before this, I get a socket timeout exception....Any chance that this timeout I am setting isnt getting set?
    >
    > If so, what can I do to fix this?

    Forgot to mention, this is on a Solaris 5.10 machine...
    , Nov 9, 2012

  3. <> wrote:
    > On Friday, 9 November 2012 09:14:54 UTC+5:30, wrote:
    >> Hi Everyone...
    >> I am facing ..well...not exactly similar ..but a related problem....
    >> I am setting my ServerSocket timeout to 5 minutes...
    >> after the accept call...
    >> and I can see from my snoop output that we send an RETR for a
    >> certain file at say 11:10:00 and get the '150' response from
    >> the server the very same minute/second...
    >> The 226 response comes only around 11:10:50 but before this, I
    >> get a socket timeout exception....Any chance that this timeout
    >> I am setting isnt getting set?
    >> If so, what can I do to fix this?

    > Forgot to mention, this is on a Solaris 5.10 machine...

    I guess a so called "sscce"(*) would boost the chances of
    someone being able to help.

    *: http://sscce.org/
    Andreas Leitgeb, Nov 9, 2012
  4. Andreas Leitgeb <> wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >> On Friday, 9 November 2012 09:14:54 UTC+5:30, wrote:
    >>> Hi Everyone...
    >>> I am facing ..well...not exactly similar ..but a related problem....
    >>> I am setting my ServerSocket timeout to 5 minutes...
    >>> after the accept call...
    >>> and I can see from my snoop output that we send an RETR for a
    >>> certain file at say 11:10:00 and get the '150' response from
    >>> the server the very same minute/second...
    >>> The 226 response comes only around 11:10:50 but before this, I
    >>> get a socket timeout exception....Any chance that this timeout
    >>> I am setting isnt getting set?
    >>> If so, what can I do to fix this?

    >> Forgot to mention, this is on a Solaris 5.10 machine...

    > I guess a so called "sscce"(*) would boost the chances of
    > someone being able to help.
    > *: http://sscce.org/

    afternote: I'm a bit surprised that the ftp-server would send 226,
    if it didn't successfully transfer that file *somewhere*. Now, if
    your client side throws a timeout-exception, then maybe it's just
    misinterpreting some other condition like EOF, or some command sent
    to the server may be wrong, causing the ftp-server to connect to
    somewhere else...

    That's where the sscce would come in handy.
    Andreas Leitgeb, Nov 9, 2012