Re: session ... critical section problem in vb+asp dot net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bob Barrows, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows Guest

    asimeerza wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > i m developing web applicaiotn with vb+asp dot net. i ve many links
    > at my page and i m also maintaining session. if the user of my
    > applicaton clicks one link that sends request to the server. before
    > the next page is loaded, user clicks another link. and so on...
    >
    > i think for each server request, a separate thread is created to
    > respond client but same session is shared by each server thread. so
    > there is possibility that session access by more than one
    > simultaneous client requests make its state inconsistent.
    >
    > i m facing same problem.
    >
    > if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click
    > the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent.
    >
    > any clue, how to face this session critical section problem.
    >
    > regards

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you can
    eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

    cp'ed and follow-ups set to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET