Re: Session Losing Data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark MacRae, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Mark MacRae

    Mark MacRae Guest

    Edwin,
    The directory being "moved" is really a directory being renamed that
    contains an image file that was just uploaded to a temporary directory.
    We're using the file control to upload the image to that temp directory,
    then saving it to a permanent location once the user hits "save".

    So no, there's no config files in the directory since it was just created
    seconds beforehand.
    mark

    "Edwin Kusters" <> wrote in message
    > Mark,
    >
    > This is a wild guess and I could be totally wrong, but does the dir you

    call
    > move on contain one of the .config files? Could be that they end up

    touched
    > and your app gets reloaded because of a 'changed' config..
    >
    > You could easily test if you end up causing a reload by adding some

    logging
    > code in application_start()
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Edwin Kusters
    >
    > "Mark MacRae" <> wrote in message
    > > My Session is losing everything during a Response.Redirect from the
    > > codebehind page (*.cs).
    > >
    > > I've seen posts from other people who've had this problem, but their
    > > solutions don't work for me.
    > >
    > > Both ASPX pages are in the same project.
    > >
    > > The Session doesn't lose everything every time the redirect is made,

    only
    > in
    > > a specific case where some code is executed that includes a
    > > Directory.Move(). I've used basically a carbon copy of this code on

    other
    > > pages that do similar things with no trouble, so I'm not sure why it

    would
    > > affect anything now.
    > >
    > > I have debugged and can verify that the Session always retains all it's
    > > variables right up until the point where Response.Redirect is called,

    but
    > by
    > > the time we get to Page_Load on the target page, the variables are

    gone -

    Mark MacRae, Jul 18, 2003