Re: session state server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steven Cheng, Feb 25, 2009.

  1. Steven Cheng

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Thanks for your reply Pei,

    If the error occurs frequently, I think there is likely something wrong
    with the session service. Also, from application side, I think we can check
    the following things:

    **application workload, whether application is under high workload which
    will put stress to session service

    ** our session accessing code, whether the code which access session is
    called quite frequently and whether we're always store and access large
    data or data require complex seialization

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    --------------------
    >From: "Pei Lu" <>
    >Subject: Re: session state server
    >Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:03:38 +0800
    >Hi:
    >

    >Thank you for your reply.
    >

    >Regarding the kb you provided, could you please tell me what the timeout
    >value of the session state server and the config file is generally set?
    >Currently, I set it as 14400, is it too high?
    >

    >In addition, the issue of ID 1078 occurs quite frequently, but the visit
    >quantity of our server is not a huge figure, as shown by the picture.
    >

    >I wonder whether there is any other attention needed to be paid.

    >""Steven Cheng"" <>

    дÈëÓʼþÐÂÎÅ:<#>...

    Steven Cheng, Feb 25, 2009

  2. Steven Cheng

    Pei Lu Guest

    application workload is low.
    Please let me know how to drill down the problem from session service and
    code.

    Give me some steps so we can narrow down the problem and solve it.

    Thanks
    Pei Lu

    ""Steven Cheng"" <> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:...

    Pei Lu, Feb 26, 2009

  3. Steven Cheng

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Pei,

    Yes, narrow down the problem is very important. Since we cannot do much on
    the state server service, I would suggest you first try simplify the
    application(for test). For example, if the application is production
    environemnt, try move a copy to a offline test server and repro the
    problem. Also, to further simpily, it will be better if we can repro the
    problem by stressing on some individual pages. Then, we can can concentrate
    on those individual pages.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    --------------------
    >From: "Pei Lu" <>

    <>
    >Subject: Re: session state server
    >Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:22:06 +0800

    >application workload is low.
    >Please let me know how to drill down the problem from session service and
    >code.
    >
    >Give me some steps so we can narrow down the problem and solve it.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Pei Lu
    >

    >""Steven Cheng"" <>

    дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:...