Re: Session variable returns after deletion

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by YouKnowIt, May 12, 2004.

  1. YouKnowIt

    YouKnowIt Guest

    What code did you use to call your second window?

    "LKB" <> wrote in message
    > I've heard of session variables being lost, but I've got one that keeps

    coming back after I've deleted it. I'm using a session variable as a flag
    between a popup window and its parent window. The session variable is
    created in the popup window with a value of 100. The popup window is then
    closed. When this happens, a postback occurs in the parent window. In the
    Page Load function of the parent window, there is a check to see if the
    session variable is equal to 100. If it is, I save some data and set the
    session variable to 0. Then I delete the session variable using
    Session.Remove. I followed the values of the session variable in my debugger
    and it comes back as 0 and then Nothing as expected.

    > The problem happens when I've finished with that and I click on another

    button. The Page Load function runs again and when it gets to the check for
    the session variable, it's still there, and it still equals 100, even though
    it was set to zero and then deleted.

    > Is this behavior caused by my trying to modify a session variable that was

    created in a different window? Or is it something else?

    YouKnowIt, May 12, 2004