Re: session variables not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rick Strahl [MVP], May 28, 2004.

  1. InProc Sessions don't survive application restarts. Since restarts can be
    fired multiple ways (physical restart when you run in the debugger, touching
    web.config or a fatal failure in the process) this is likely your problem.

    As a workaround you can use SessionServer for your Session state or SQL
    Sessions. They are slower but both can survive application restarts.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies

    "jat14" <> wrote in message
    > i use session variables in my application just a few for roundnumber and

    playerid
    > they work for about 10 times(like moving thru around 10 pages) and then i

    get an error
    > if i start the application again everything works fine for about 10 more

    times

    Rick Strahl [MVP], May 28, 2004