Re: Sessions variable access in multithreaded asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Browne, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. David Browne

    David Browne Guest

    "Kelvin Foo Chuan Lyi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I've got a problem accessing Session variable in a thread. I keep
    > getting this serialization error thinggy... I'm using c# ... but i've
    > seen source accessing Sessions in threads using VB.Net .... odd...
    >
    > my code looks some what like this...
    >

    > private void MyThread()
    > {
    > Session["test"] = "testing";
    > }
    >
    > note: MyThread is called by Thread.Start()
    >
    > i get this serialization error... um... forgot what error it was...
    > but it states that blah blah blah... does not support serialization
    > or somewhat like that... hmm... thread doesn't support serialization
    > rite? But using VB.Net ... i won't get such error... why? Any work
    > around for this?

    If you are getting the error

    that blah blah blah...

    I suggest you figure it out yourself, and stop wasting everyone's time.

    Alternatively, you could post sample code and a real error message, and
    perhaps someone will help you.

    David
    David Browne, Jul 28, 2003

  2. >
    > If you are getting the error
    >
    > that blah blah blah...
    >
    > I suggest you figure it out yourself, and stop wasting everyone's time.
    >
    > Alternatively, you could post sample code and a real error message, and
    > perhaps someone will help you.
    >
    > David

    sorry dude... but my source code was in my office ... and i'm writing
    the message at home... and i can remember a little of what happened in
    my brain... :p
    Kelvin Foo Chuan Lyi, Jul 29, 2003