    From: [mailto:p]
    On Behalf Of Sami Viitanen
    Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:41 PM
    Subject: Setting environment variables

    Hello,

    Is there any other way to set variables than os.putenv().

    Putenv doesn't actually put any values to actual system variables..

    I'm trying to set CVSEDITOR variable automatically from script
    so that user wouldn't have to set that him/herself. CVS can't use
    variable
    set with putenv().

    Thanks in advance.

    mark, Sep 18, 2003