Re: Setting page FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage defaults to?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lauchlan M, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > eg after lgin you might wat to send them to /mysecurearea/main.aspx
    instead
    > of default.aspx.
    >
    > Where do you set this in asp.net?

    ie the default value for where

    FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage

    sends you if it doesn't have a return value already.

    Lauchlan M
    Lauchlan M, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > There is no way to set that.
    >
    > If you must redirect elsewhere, you can do the steps which
    > RedirectFromLoginPage otherwise does for you.

    John,

    what are these steps that RedirectFromLoginPage does?

    I am using no-cookies.

    Thx

    Lauchlan M
    Lauchlan M, Aug 17, 2003

  3. "Lauchlan M" <> wrote in message
    > > There is no way to set that.
    > >
    > > If you must redirect elsewhere, you can do the steps which
    > > RedirectFromLoginPage otherwise does for you.

    > John,
    >
    > what are these steps that RedirectFromLoginPage does?

    According to the documentation, it issues the ticket and then does the
    redirection. I believe you can do the same by calling SetAuthCookie followed
    by your own Response.Redirect.

    > I am using no-cookies.

    Despite the name, I believe that SetAuthCookie will handle the cookieless
    case.

    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer