Re: setup.py Choosing Older Compiler On Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ami Tavory, Dec 3, 2012.

  1. Ami Tavory

    Ami Tavory Guest

    From: Irmen de Jong <>
    >> Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 01:10:23 +0100
    >> Subject: Re: setup.py Choosing Older Compiler On Windows

    both VC8

    using

    VC didn't

    (preferably

    >> > I haven't had to do Windows C++ development for many years, >> but

    there
    >> > used to be a vcvars.bat in each compiler installation, and you >> run

    the
    >> > one corresponding to the compiler & libraries you want.

    >> Forcing it to use a different compiler than the one that was used to >>

    build Python
    >> itself, may very well lead to a non-working extension module.
    >>
    >> Irmen

    Dave, Irmen,

    Many thanks for your answers - much appreciated!

    Got cvcars.bat to work in the sense that calling the compiler from the
    command line resulted in the newer one being called, but setup.py for some
    reason persisted in calling the older one. So due to Irmen's concern, this,
    and other issues, I just hacked away the C++11 stuff and used the old
    compiler.

    Many thanks,

    Ami
    Ami Tavory, Dec 3, 2012